“SO THEN, WHENEVER WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY; LET US WORK FOR THE GOOD OF ALL, AND ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF THE FAMILY OF FAITH.” GALATIANS 6:10
MISSION: The Mission of the Zion Baptist Church Transportation Ministry (ZBCTM) is to provide safe, reliable, convenient and affordable transportation services to members and guests of Zion Baptist Church for the purpose of attending scheduled worship services as well as any other approved church-sponsored activity or event authorized by the Board of Trustees and/or the Pastor of Zion Baptist Church. Members of Zion Baptist Church and their guests utilizing the transportation services should be seniors (above 65 years of age) and/or requiring “special need” assistance. Other Ministries of Zion Baptist Church may also request the use of the Transportation Ministry’s services provided said requested usage has been approved by either the Pastor of Zion Baptist Church or another designated Official of Zion Baptist Church.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE: The Chairperson of the Zion Baptist Church Transportation Ministry is Trustee David J. Saunders and the Vice Chairperson is Deacon Joseph J. Dyson. The Advisory Committee of the ZBCTM shall consist of the following persons: the Church Pastor, a Church Official, a Church Lay Member that frequently utilizes the transportation services, and a Senior Church Lay Member that is familiar with disability/special needs assistance matters. The Members of the 2017 ZBCTM Advisory Committee are as follows: Pastor Keith W. Byrd, Sr., Deacon Donella Jo Darby, and Sister Elaine S. Saunders. Both the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson are also members of the ZBCTM Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee is charged with providing an ongoing assessment and evaluation of the mission and functions, roles and responsibilities and performance standards of the ZBCTM.
LIST OF CURRENT DRIVERS: Trustee David J. Saunders, Deacon Joseph J. Dyson, Sister Lynette Thomas, Brother Pedro (Pete) Makins, Jr., Minister Brent McQueen, Deacon Donald Gholston, and Brother Curtis Bullock.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TARGETED FOR THE YEAR 2017: The ZBCTM builds upon the following:
● Continue to increase in the number of regular riders for Sunday Morning Worship Service;
● Enhance Transportation Ministry by offering limited valet services during Sunday Morning and Evening Worship Services in partnership with Chatman’s Army and the Hospitality Ministry;
● Provide shuttle services for local church revivals, conventions and other special activities and events;
● Increase opportunities for church members to be able to attend funerals, weddings, fellowships, and other special occasions in partnership with the Mighty Men of Zion, Women’s Ministry and Senior League.
● Publish on a quarterly basis a Transportation Ministry newsletter; and
● Organize quarterly meetings of the Transportation Ministry.
KEY PROJECT FOR TRANSPORTATION MINISTRY FOR THE YEAR 2017: To develop an action plan to acquire an additional bus/van for the transportation ministry fleet as well as develop a proposal for shuttle bus services by utilizing the parking lot at Carter Barron for church members.
DOCUMENTS (Click to download):